Pre-Honors Chemistry: I. Properties of Matter
Construction of Matter Flow Chart
To the right is a matter flow chart. It's construction is dependent on the qualities as described.
- For example, Under matter we have mixture and pure substance.
- It's difference is determined by whether it can or cannot be separated physically.
- If it can be then it is a mixture, if it cannot it is a pure substance.
Likewise follow the arrows and the descriptions in the text to understand how the chart is constructed.
Types of matter
- Separation of mixtures (filtration, chromatography, distillation)
States of matter
- Identify based on movement of particles